As a bicycle advocate we are dedicated to providing support for bicyclists as they navigate through the streets in our area. We focus on teaching the law, being prepared, and riding defensively.
We can’t transform Harrisburg and surrounding areas alone. In order to change culture, we need to work together to increase bicycle advocacy vision into the laws and policies of our decision makers. The collective voice of readers like YOU can help make the streets of our city and neighborhoods safer. Please be involved. You can also contact your county government and local boroughs and townships.
- PennDOT Transportation Survey – make our voices heard! – https://talkpatransportation.com/get-involved/transportation-survey
- Bicycle South Central PA – https://bicyclesouthcentralpa.org/
- Tri-County Regional Planning Committee – Responsible for the Harrisburg Area Transportation Study (HATS), this study includes the count of pedestrians, bicyclists and other forms of micro-mobility. https://www.tcrpc-pa.org/
- Commuter Services Group of PA – the more people document their non-car trips for work, shopping, and school, the more data we have to make the case that cars aren’t and shouldn’t be the only reason to design roads. https://pacommuterservices.org/
- Harrisburg City Council – this site has every council member’s email address – https://harrisburgpa.gov/city-council/ Or contact them by mail: 10 N 2nd St #1, Harrisburg, PA 17101 or phone: (717) 255-3060.
- Recycle Bicycle Harrisburg Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/427224720663022
- Brandon Basom’s Streetsblog – article about 2nd Street: – https://usa.streetsblog.org/2022/08/08/opinion-safety-fix-for-deadly-road-nixed-by-harrisburg-mayor-over-parking/